Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Difference Between Me and My Generation

For me, the media doesn't have much influence. My clothes, music taste, movie/TV show likes and dislikes, or opinion aren't based on the media, they're based on what I do and don't like. The way I feel, think, act or relate to things are based on my own opinion, not based on what the media tells me. I do read magazines once in a while but I don't base who I am on the people in them. The media does influence me some ways. I sometimes feel more encouraged to do something like going green when I see lots of other people doing it. I think lots of people are affected by the media, good ways and bad ways. For example, many people feel pressured to be a certain size or to look what may be considered beautiful. Lots of people feel they have to act, dress and/or look like the people on TV or in magazines. Some people drink, smoke or do drugs to act cool or lose weight to look skinny, but it's not the safest path for people to choose. There are also people who are just happy to be who they are without the media telling them what to do. I am glad to say the media doesn't affect me negatively.

No comments:

Post a Comment